My Bedroom View
For my last Summer Edition blog post, I thought I'd write about something that is a little light hearted. So who's up for a little test? Here are 30 things that most people don't know about me.
1. I've been wearing glasses since I was 6 months old.
2. I remember the actual day I became a Christian only because my sister threw up on The Lady and The Tramp story book...
3. I moved to France when I was 7 years old.
4. I was required to take Judo (a form of martial arts) for the year and a half that I was in France...
5. I listened to my first Bee Gee's song (Stayin' Alive) for a music theory presentation in France at the age of 7.
6. I used to have handwriting that was smaller than the average cockroach's leg.
7. Lysol and I became best friends at the age of 9 when I became sick after first moving to Dakar.
8. My dad taught me how to put on a shirt the right way.
9. I used to be a gymnast.
10. I split my lip open on an invisible coffee table in Turkey at the age of 18 months.
11. My dad had to use butterfly bandages on my forehead when I slipped and fell onto my Aunt's hardwood floor.
12. I've never broken a bone.
13. I've been given special education testing more than once for math classes through out the years.
14. I used to wait for Dad to come home and then I would yank off his work boots, and take a nap with him with while Mom made dinner. ( I did this in the days before Faith...)
15. I've been best friends with Jesus for 14 years.
16. I take the occasional bucket shower.
17. I'm fascinated with the Amish culture and people.
18. I listen to Christmas music on my birthday... in August.
19. It bothers me when people ask if I have a lazy eye... I actually have strabismus.
"Many people make the mistake of saying that a person who has a crossed or turned eye (strabismus) has a 'lazy eye', but lazy eye (amblyopia) and strabismus are not the same condition. Some of the confusion may be due to the fact that strabismus can cause amblyopia."
20. I practiced my first insulin injections on an onion.
21. I hate all the 'fashion trends' and 'you can't wear that, it isn't the season for it'. Albert Einstein said this : “Once you can accept the universe as infinite matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy.” And I agree with him, I could care less what the world thinks of my outfit.
22. I get angry in French. I can't seem to make myself angry in English... Wonder if there's a manual for that?
23. My favorite number is 2.
24. Don't ever make me watch The Wizard of Oz, Holes, Lord of the Rings, or The Hobbit. They give me nightmares...
25. My aunt gave me the question for my first follow up post.
26. I once had a pet hedgehog.
27. The cross we made for the burial of our adopted fish still stands against our childhood home.
28. I killed my cactus by accident...
29. We Bought a Zoo is my all-time favorite movie.
30. Chasing Fireflies by Charles Martin is my favorite book.
31. I don't like getting my nails done, my toes are super sensitive.
32. I've been choosing my own outfits, and doing my own hair since I knew how to say ' me doooooooooo'.
Until next time folks, happy reading!